Following the path of some other locales, here are the guidelines for all WordPress Translators who wish to have their favorite products (themes, plugins) localized in Urdu, to give it a wider chance to be adopted by Urdu users.
In order to assure the best possible quality for all translations (and therefore for the products you so dearly worked on to translate), we have established a few rules to grant you PTE (Project Translator Editor) status for the project(s) that interest you:
- We will accept your request only if you write and speak Urdu fluently.
- We expect you to follow these steps:
- Join the Urdu Slack community.
- Translate as a Contributor (Any person logged in at WordPress.org can contribute suggested translations. If you make an error, you may reject your own translation and submit a new one.)
- Inform the translation team about your translation and ask them to review your contribution.
- A PTE or a GTE (General Translator Editor) will review your translations and give you the feedback;
- If the quality of your translation is up to the standards the communities try to follow, you will be granted PTE permissions.
- Now that you have been granted PTE permissions, you can approve, reject or edit translations. You can also mark translations as “fuzzy”.
WHY WE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
- We strive for excellence: We aim to create the best possible localization for all products in the WordPress ecosystem. Since localization can determine a product’s user experience in a given language, all translations should be done in the best possible way.
- It helps us create a community of translators for our locale that knows each other and can support each other when needed.
- We think globally.
- We aim at consistency.
- It streamlines and optimizes the process, reducing the amount of “improper” translations and the time spent on rejecting and revising translations (thus allowing more time to be devoted to the actual localizing)
These rules are meant to give you the best possible localization for your product(s) and to contribute to enhanced user experience, a stronger platform, and a healthier ecosystem to work on for the whole WordPress community.
Good luck with translation.
Check Urdu glossary